[OpenBIOS] [commit] r1043 - trunk/openbios-devel/arch/ppc/qemu

Andreas Färber andreas.faerber at web.de
Sat Jun 18 13:11:10 CEST 2011

Am 18.06.2011 um 01:03 schrieb Alexander Graf:

> On 17.06.2011, at 21:51, Andreas Färber wrote:
>
>> Am 17.06.2011 um 02:55 schrieb repository service:
>>
>>> +real_dsi:
>>> +	EXCEPTION_PREAMBLE
>>> +	b	call_dsi_exception
>>> +
>>> +real_isi:
>>> +	EXCEPTION_PREAMBLE
>>> +	b	call_isi_exception
>>
>> I don't like the naming "real_xxx".
>
> Feel free to just commit a patch that changes the naming.

The way I see it, we no longer need call_*si_exception (which are
located in front of the vectors) or could name real_*
call_*_exception, to avoid another redirection. Even drop space-
optimized exception_return if we like.

>> Have you checked that the serial output still has the same vector
>> number (+4)?
>
> Which serial output? This is really only here because the exception
> preamble became > 0x80 bytes.

Sorry, doesn't apply here. I was thinking of unexpected_excep(), which
outputs the vector number (unfortunately offset by 4), then loops
endlessly. DSI and ISI don't go into that code path, obviously. ;)

Andreas