[OpenBIOS] PReP PowerPC "emulation"

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Sun Sep 26 14:12:35 CEST 2010

Andreas Färber wrote:

> The following patch does wonders, it changes the ppc config to match
> sparc64 wrt ISO9660:

Ah wait a second - I think I know what's happening here. Several months
ago I found a couple of bugs in fs/iso9660/* related to loading files
from CD. I seem to recall:

i) The filenames all had to be in capital letters
ii) Sometimes I had to put an extra . at the end

I found these bugs by stepping through iso9660_opendir() under gdb. So
that is likely what's happening here - OpenBIOS is unable to locate the
file from the filesystem at boot time.

> `dir cd:,\ppc\chrp` is unsupported in that configuration though.

Yeah because while the grubfs iso9660 implementation doesn't have the
case-sensitivity/period bugs, unfortunately the grub API doesn't provide
a function to list files within a directory.

If you could provide a patch to fix these bugs in fs/iso9660/* then I
would definitely apply it :)

ATB,

Mark.

--