[OpenBIOS] Milax and the alarm word

Tarl Neustaedter Tarl.Neustaedter at Sun.COM
Wed Dec 9 05:39:22 CET 2009

Nick Couchman wrote:
> [...]
> I don't know whether it's OpenBIOS or Qemu, or the exception happens before the -H argument can take place, but "boot cdrom -H" doesn't seem to have any effect - I get exactly the same behavior whether I use the -H flag or not.  I'll take a look at the rest of your debugging tips and try to put them to use - thanks!!

I suspect it's not failing *before* checking for -H, just that the check
isn't working.

Try creating a property in chosen called "bootargs" containing "-H"
before giving the boot command. Maybe OpenBios is doing something
different with boot arguments. E.g.:

ok dev /chosen
ok " -H" encode-string " bootargs" property
ok boot <stuff>