[OpenBIOS] [ANNOUNCE] New FCode Suite available!

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Thu Aug 17 14:29:14 CEST 2006

Dear OpenBIOS community,

today I am very glad to announce a new version of the OpenBIOS FCode
utilities toke and detok. David Paktor, of the IBM corporation,
contributed a couple of significant improvements over the old versions
of those utilities.

Toke and Detok now have a comprehensive regression test suite
of over 170 tests. This test suite makes it easy to verify
that new contributions do not break existing functionality.

* among the new features:

  - detailed error reporting
  - local value support! See
    http://www.openbios.org/fcodesuite/Documents/TokenizerLocalValues.htm
  - much better handling of PCI option roms
  - improved compatibility to other tokenizers
  - bug fixes in flow control and string escape handling

Please be sure to check the complete list of new features at:
        http://www.openbios.org/fcodesuite/Documents/TokenizerNewFeatures.htm

I want to send a big THANK YOU out to David Paktor at this point.

NOTE: The contributed changes are not in the main repository yet.
You can download the changed source code and binaries as well as the
test suite and test results as well as documentation from:
       http://www.openbios.org/development/fcode.html

Please send any feedback to this mailing list.

Best regards,

Stefan Reinauer

--
      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613