[OpenBIOS] Defining ." and "

Segher Boessenkool segher at chello.nl
Fri Jun 7 23:26:09 CEST 2002

> The following fails as the string is overwritten:
> 0 > " test"
>  ok
> 2 > TYPE
> PEst ok
>
> I could not find the reason by quickly looking into it. Any ideas?

PARSE just return a pointer + size pointing to the input buffer...

To implement S" (or C") in the interpreter, you need an infinite supply
of temporary buffers.  Not sure how to do this...

To implement it in the compiler, I'll just have to decide on the
representation of strings in the dictionary.  I want to use pstrings
for it; I'll need to find out whether restricting (constant) strings to
length max. 255 is allowed, though :)

Segher

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de