[OpenBIOS] 64bit paflof with lots of gnuisms

Maciej W. Rozycki macro at ds2.pg.gda.pl
Tue Jun 4 18:12:32 CEST 2002

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Stefan Reinauer wrote:

> > A cell is an integer the size of a pointer; that's a "long" in gcc.  I don't
> > think sizeof(int) == 4 always holds.
>
> Theoretically could there be an architecture, where an int is bigger
> than a pointer (cray?), but if we don't support those, nobody will bite
> us, i bet. SuperH has 32bit chars. Would be nice to have some game
> consoles supported by OpenBIOS somewhen ;) but this is neither an issue
> nor should it hurt due to the IEEE standard

 FYI, for MIPS platforms you can select between 32-bit and 64-bit ints
with a compiler option.  It probably only makes sense for MIPS64*/Linux if
at all, and 64-bit ints are non-default and detectable with the
_MIPS_SZINT macro.

 Anyway, <stdint.h> is probably the right header to get types of fixed
sizes.  Unfortunately, it's part of glibc rather than gcc, for a reason
unknown to me, at least with gcc 2.95.

--
+        e-mail: macro at ds2.pg.gda.pl, PGP key available        +

-