[OpenBIOS] [OT] Freebios

Tobias Diedrich ranma at gmx.at
Wed Aug 29 21:59:13 CEST 2001

Ronald G Minnich wrote:

> > I don't know if anyone here is interested in this, but some time ago (1998) I
> > started writing a pc-compatible bios for fun, but never finished it.
>
> that sounds neat! did you support BIOS style INT stuff? if you did we
> could look at that.

Yes it does.
That's the files in the SERVICE subdirectory...
SYSTEM.ASM (int 0x11, int 0x12, int 0x15)
FLOPPY.ASM (int 0x13)
KBD.ASM (int 0x16)
BOOT.ASM (int 0x19)
TIMER.ASM (int 0x1a)

However that's all 16bit code, I don't know how easy it would be to make
a F-Code BIOS be 16bit compatible... You probably would have to generate
16bit instructions from the F-Code...

--
Tobias							     PGP-Key: 0x9AC7E0BC
-