[OpenBIOS] OT: linux kernel problem

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at tiscalinet.it
Mon Jul 17 03:18:47 CEST 2000

> Edwin Rhodes wrote:
>
> when compiling my linux kernel i keep on recieving this message:
>
> Warning: Clock Skew Detected Build May Be Incomplete
>
> It seams to compile ok.
> What does this error message mean?? and how can i fix it.
>
> thanks
> edwin
>
> ps. I have only been getting this message since i upgraded to an AMD
> K6-2 500Mhz.

It mean that you have changed (backward) you clock time and some files
are clocked in future (from the system clock point of view), this skrew
compilation beacuse makefile check file times to know which has been
modified (and require recompilation) and those that are not modified !
check your system time and your files time.

simo.sorce at tiscalinet.it
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/9757
-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de