[OpenBIOS] where I'm at with the 440gx and reading nvram

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue Jan 25 10:43:15 CET 2000

I'm actually getting somewhere now via a different path.

I have mmaped 0xffe00000 from /dev/mem and I can see the BIOS. I'm not
looking at what's in it, but the contents of 0xf0000 and 0xffe00000 do
match.

This also revealed a bug in the linux do_mmap code: it doesn't correctly
handle the case of mmap'ing the tail end of memory ...

Now to try to kick the nvram a little. This will require setting a write
enable bit in the bridge, which I do know is not set normally. No big
deal. It's still a mystery to me why the darn thing was not visible
in-kernel, but oh well: I prefer user-mode code for this sort of thing
anyway.

ron

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de