[OpenBIOS] linuxbios web page is there.

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue Feb 1 08:55:19 CET 2000

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Daniele Frijia wrote:

> > I figure that we're taking a slightly different direction than openbios so
> > I've set up the linuxbios web page, www.acl.lanl.gov/linuxbios. We'll use
> > openbios and help out where we can. I'll be posting the 'linux boots
> > linux' code there this week as well as anything we've done to openbios to
> > make it go.
>
> We shoudl we work against each other?

No, I have no intention of working against anyone. It seems that the focus
of this list is replacing the BIOS with a plug-compatible equivalent, or
doing Open Firmware instead. My focus is much simpler: I want to get just
enough OpenBIOS working to boot linux, and we're almost there. Supporting
FreeDOS and other 16-bit OSes is quite neat, but is not a concern of mine.
I have no need for INT 12 support, for example.

So we'll help all we can with OpenBIOS, but past a point our needs and
interests will diverge. I certainly will let you all know if I ever figure
out how to write NVRAM -- if I can't do that, then I'm dead in the water.

Thanks

ron

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de