[OpenBIOS] Flashing the BIOS ...

Wallace I. Kroeker WallaceKroeker at smarttech.com
Tue Feb 1 13:53:32 CET 2000

Ron,

As I have been reading the documentation on my chipset there is mention of
disabling certain features when the BIOS is to perform different functions.

As I was and checking out the BIOS update for my board (an ABIT BM6) and was
reading through the instructions and they mention disabling the following:

	1. CPU Internal Cache
	2. CPU External Cache
	3. Video BIOS Cacheable
	4. Video BIOS Shadow

prior to running the Award flash program.

So you might want to have a check in your documentation for issues relating
to these features and the update of your BIOS.

If I come across the documentation comments again (they didn't seem relevant
when I read them the first time :-) ) I will pass them along.

Wallace
-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de