[OpenBIOS] good question.

Stefan Reinauer stepan at freiburg.linux.de
Tue Feb 15 22:54:26 CET 2000

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Ronald G. Minnich wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Kent Nyberg wrote:
> > Wont the bios be useless if one wrote an "bad" kernel on it?
> > If one cant boot from it, than it is impossible to correct it..
>
> This is not a stupid question, it is a good question.
>
> It's not a problem. I'm writing lots of bad bios'es at the moment. When I
> do, I jumper over to bios recovery and that will allow you to recover to a
> good BIOS. So there's no real problem.

Niklas Ekström wrote a program some time ago, loadbios, which loads a bios
from a file to the memory from 0xe0000 to 0xfffff on some intel pcisets.
It can easily be adopted to other chipsets and it's quite small.

Loadbios is available on the OpenBIOS homepage,

	http://www.freiburg.linux.de/OpenBIOS/

Stefan..

--
The reason computer chips are so small is computers don't eat much.

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de