[OpenBIOS] Documentation on 0xcfe IO port?

Wallace I. Kroeker WallaceKroeker at smarttech.com
Wed Feb 16 11:48:20 CET 2000

Hello Ron,

You put up the following code and I am wondering about the CFE port, in
particular where is there some documentation on this.

generic_init: PORT_80 0xd0
; now the fun begins.
; turn on the dram and wait a while (this from the intel book)
        mov dx, 0xcf8
        mov eax, 0x80000074
        out dx, eax
        mov dx, 0xcfe
; turn power and and set the nop bit too.
        mov al, 0x30
        out dx, al

I have the interrupt and port information from Ron Brown and there is a
reference to PORT 0CF8-0CFF as being used for PCI Configuration Mechanism 1.
When I look through all the Intel documentation I only see 0CF8 and 0CFC
referenced.  Do you have some more documentation on this?

Thanks
Wallace
-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de