[OpenBIOS] A problem with the gunzip stuff.

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Sun Feb 27 22:02:36 CET 2000

There are initialized arrays in the inflate code. These get compiled to
initialized data. The problem is, when the openbios scripts relink the
code32.o stuff, this init data is relocated to 0x90000. Well, guess what
... who's going to initialize that after a reset? It's all zero's!

This is kind of standard embedded processor hassle, the old 'how to init'
thing. There is some sort of gcc or ld switch to say 'put init const data
in with text', and I'll try that out first (it works for char strings now,
so I know it's doable). If it fails, I'm turning initialize stuff into
functions. That should do the trick.

ron

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de