Making a BIOS on my own...

Niklas Ekström t97nek at student.tdb.uu.se
Wed Feb 17 01:42:01 CET 1999

Hi everyone,

I just thought I'd post a note on way I've decided to work on a BIOS of my
own. The main reason is that we are getting no where. It's not that I
don't want to be a part of OpenBIOS, rather on the contrary. But every
time I come up with some suggestion, atleast a couple of people will point
of how wrong I am, and the result is that we stand still. I find this very
frustration, since I feel that we should act now so we can have working
BIOS in half a year or so. No one will be happy by us sitting here
arguing without reaching anywhere. The greatest problem I see is that we
have no real (active) leader, that could take decissions for us and say
that this is how we are going to do it, now move!.

If things start to move around here later in, I would like to help out,
but until then I will go ahead and make a BIOS of my own. If someone
happens to agree with my ideas of what a BIOS should be like (should be
pretty obvious from my previous posts), feel free to contact me on the
above email address.

/ Niklas