[OpenBIOS] Testing Platforms

Dave Cinege dcinege at fuckthejunkmailers.org
Wed Feb 18 17:02:31 CET 1998

Chris Arguin wrote:

> We should probably start paying attention to what chipsets we have, so
> that we don't have two people going off and implementing the same one
> twice. If you want, I can keep track of that list. With any luck, we will
> have a fair amount of variety of platforms to develop and test on.
>
> I've got a ASUS P55TP4N motherboard, which is a single Pentium MB with
> the Intel 430fx chipset. Currently it has an Award BIOS and a Symlogic
> SCSI BIOS.
>
> The Intel 430fx chipset is a 82437 System Controller, 82438 Data Paths,
> and a PIIX IDE+ISA interface.

I am using a Tyan Titan Pro 1668D with dual PPro's and Award BIOS.
It uses a 440FX (which does PPRO and PII) PIIX3, and I/O APIC (SMP chip)

82441FX PCI and Memory
82442FX Data Bus Accelerator
82371SB PCI ISA IDE Accelerator
82093AA Standalone I/O APIC

SMC FDC37C665IR I/O chip
AMIKEY 9646 (I'm really sure what this is??? 8256 replacement??)
Dallas RTC

Everything else is basically glue.

FYI I have already flashed in some Tyan PII (AMI) BIOS's on this board and for
the most part they worked.

---
OpenBIOS -- http://www.linkscape.net/openbios/
openbios-request at linkscape.net   Body: un/subscribe